OPINION By Sydney Chisi As per tradition, nations gathered again for the COP28 in Dubai in December to salvage solutions towards sustainable climate action as the world continues to face an extreme climate crisis. Expectations were high, emanating from many previous Conference of Parties (COPs) outstanding and inconclusive resolutions. The pre-COP28 debate and agenda, both […]
-According to witness accounts, the bodies were discovered near each other with missing their tusks, along a trail that led to watering holes, indicative of cyanide poisoning. John Cassim One of the six carcasses found in the Gwayi-Shangani Wildlife Conservancy recently after suspected cyanide poisoning Harare, Zimbabwe – At least six adult elephants have died from what appears to have been cyanide poisoning at a watering hole in the Gwayi, Shangani wildlife conservancy near Hwange
Eileen Kairu – AWF Zimbabwe through the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority (ZimParks) will this year in March, host the second in-person APAD(Africa Protected Areas Director) conference. The first-ever Africa Protected Areas Congress was held in July 2022, in Kigali, Rwanda. The Africa Protected Areas Director (APAD) forum is a platform and network open
Double blow for Zimbabwean flood victims as government offers houses to home owners who leased their houses.
A government minister stated, “We will sit down as a government with the Minister for Harare Province and look at the legitimate people.” John Cassim Housing Minister, Daniel Garwe in white cap, touring some blocks of flats in Dzivarasekwa, where some Budiriro flood victims will be allocated new apartments. The apartments are not for free.
The Zimbabwe Mines Minister stated that the earth is so unstable that cracks have formed and the ground has begun to curve in numerous locations on the surface. John Cassim Harare, Zimbabwe – The rescue effort at the collapsed Redwing Mine near the eastern city of Mutare, in Zimbabwe, has been halted due to unstable
– According to Nick, a man from the Mukaradzi mining region of Arcadia village became ill and complained of vomiting, chest pains, and breathing difficulties, he died the next day. John Cassim Harare, Zimbabwe – Following some alleged cyanide spills at Mukaradzi gold mine in Mt Darwin, 157 km north of the capital Harare, at
African governments urged to train farmers good biosecurity in a bid to fight Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR).
– According to Dr. Mwapu Ndahi of Nigeria, the idea behind biosecurity is not just to have a bowl in front of the pen for someone to dip his leg. John Cassim Harare, Zimbabwe – Animal manure is the main transporter of drug-resistant bacteria that cause antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in humans and animals, hence African governments
– the extended dry season has reduced once abundant water holes, to muddy puddles hence elephants are walking long distances in search of water. John Cassim An elephant carcass at Hwange National Park recently. Elephants are dying due to lack of water owing to an El Niño phenomenon that has affected the 45 000 strong
– A set amount of money is earned for each megawatt-power of energy that is produced, which is equivalent to one REC certificate. John Cassim Harare, Zimbabwe – The International REC Standard Foundation Board in the Netherlands has given Zimbabwe permission to begin issuing green energy certificates, enabling private green energy generators linked to the
– Wild animals aid in the absorption and storage of more carbon by the environment, safeguard the carbon already stored there, and stop it from being released into the atmosphere. Staff Writer Dubai, United Arab Emirates – According to the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW), there is a growing understanding of the significance of